In 2014 I challenged myself to read more books and I am still reading away. I used to read constantly, but then I discovered sewing and quilting. (I did not stop reading, but noticed that the quantity of books I read drastically diminished.) I would like to begin to balance out my reading and sewing time.
The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
American Sniper, Chris Kyle
Read in 2015
- Still Alice, Lisa Genova
- Nimona, Noelle Stevenson
- Flight of Eagles, Jack Higgins
- Beautiful Darkness, Fabien Vehlmann & Kerascoet
Read in 2014
- Brain on Fire – My Month of Madness, Susannah Cahalan
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory, Caitlin Doughty
- Orphan Train: A Novel, Christina Baker Kline
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, Gregory Maguire
- The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern
- Wasteland, Susan Kim & Laurence Klavan (I couldn’t get through this one)
- Sweet Water, Christina Baker Kline
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
- Into the Wild, Jon Krakauer
- Under the Banner of Heaven, Jon Krakauer
- The Winter Witch, Paula Brackston
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Sklott
- The Remaining: Fractured, DJ Molles
- The Remaining: Refugees, DJ Molles
- Into Thin Air, Jon Krakauer
This challenge was inspired by Melissa of Missouri Mel.
I loved “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks”! It is my favourite non-fiction book.
Loved The Night Circus. The descriptions are so great; I really wanted to visit.